Pages

Swidget 1.0

Thursday, February 4, 2010

City of Angels







Born in Los Angeles and living half my life in Southern California, you best believe I am a city girl at heart! I miss the nights of Hollywood, Newport, Brea and of course downtown Los Angeles. I'm sure much has changed since then but it will always be home to me.


As a kid, our Mom would would take us to Huntington Beach every Saturday. We would leave at 7am and not to return until about 10pm. Sundays consisted of long drives, or at least what seemed long to us as kids. I really enjoyed our drives to San Juan Capistrano. (Especially when I discovered The Cheesecake Factory!) Our Mom would pretend we were lost and ask us which way we thought she should turn to get home. I miss those drives.


We as kids were fortunate enough to go to Disneyland at least once a year as well as Knott's Berry Farm. (If you haven't had chicken dinner at Knott's Berry Farm, you're missin out!)


The field trips to Olvera Street, The Griffith Observatory, Huntington Beach Library, The Rose Parades in Pasadena, watching the Raiders play at the Coliseum, my prom at The Bonaventure Hotel...oh all the memories. I miss Los Angeles, the City of Angels.









No comments:

Post a Comment