Pages

Swidget 1.0

Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School


When do we ever really "let go"? I was so adamant about homeschooling my son this year. He is a little behind and I figured that I could work with him more and catch him up, go on field trips... sleep in! When all the while it just screams DENIAL! I don't want to let go. I want to keep him with me and share his every moment.

Circumstances and the reality of knowing he should really be in school led me down to the registration office! By the time I got the last of the paperwork done, I was tearing up. Getta grip I know, but this is the last of my children and the time goes by SO fast!

So today came. It took an act of God to get this child outta the house. He didn't want to eat his breakfast. Then I asked if he wanted to rinse off before getting dressed. "No", o.k. fine then get dressed, "I need to take a bath",. My patience was being tried. He gets in the shower, then runs naked down the hall. "GET DRESSED NICK YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!", and what does he do? Streaks through the house, then I hear this loud fart followed by a roaring giggle. He decides that a whoopie cushion is the best thing to do! Well it gave us a laugh and probably saved his little life as I was beginning to lose whatever patience I had left since I hadn't had my coffee yet!

Needless to say, we got out the door and we were on our way. We get there and walk into the office, since whoopie man was late. She assigns his teacher and then it happens. This is it, the time is near. I hear a violin playing in my head. As we walk down the hall to his class I feel as if I'm walking the green mile! My little Nicky holds out his hand and grabs mine as we walk. To hell with holding my hand to cross the street or in the store, now he wants to hold it! But that's o.k. because I want to hold it forever.

Walk into the class, get introduced to his teacher and she gives me some stuff to take home. Before he goes to take his seat, I look at his little face and gave him a hug. (Not without visions of grabbing him and running back out to the truck as if I snatched him!) I gave him a kiss and told him to have a good day. Walked out and lost it!

Had to stop back by the office. I must have looked as pathetic as I felt. She gave me a hug! Got to the truck and all I wanted to do is run to my Mom's house and cry. This time goes by so fast. I will hold onto every moment. Til tonight, when the little shit won't eat his dinner!

2 comments:

Stefani @ MommyEnterprises.com said...

It definitely gets easy as they get older. I didn't cry this year, but I did get a little sad when I drove away knowing my children are getting older (and so am I).

Irene said...

Hummmmmmm, still happens to me, when I have to let you girls go back to your homes. There are times that I wish I could make all three of you little again and keep you there. But on the bright side, I have these wonderful little grandchildren that you all have blessed me with, and I still cry to see them go home with my babies ♥ ♥ ♥

Post a Comment